Careers at the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches
The Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches welcomes you to explore job opportunities with us.
The ideal candidate will provide full-service accounting functions with experience in preparing and presenting financial statements.
This is a full-time, non-remote, position requiring a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the non-profit field.
- Prepares the monthly financial statements including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition
- Performs duties to receive, verify and record vendor payments; maintain petty cash and postage accounts; monitor credit card activity, process expense reports and mileage reimbursement
- Safeguards and reconciles all bank accounts; assures that revenues are correctly deposited and expenses are properly recorded
- Coordinates the annual external audit and form 990 preparation
- Assists with gathering information and processing the annual IRS filings. This includes properly obtaining required W-9 information and accurately updating.
- Verifies that all insurance records are properly maintained and up-to-date
- Prepares sales tax returns
- Works with leadership team regarding grant reports and contract financials
- Ensures integrity and confidentiality of all agency financial data
- Serves on the executive team and attends all board meetings and special events as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Lighthouse mission by advocating for and assisting persons with visual impairments to develop their capabilities to the fullest and to utilize them in the pursuits of life which are the right and privilege of all.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
2. At least three (3) years of relevant accounting experience, preferably for a non-profit organization
3. Extensive work experience with QuickBooks financial accounting and reporting systems
4. Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, etc.
5. Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, fund accounting, and nonprofit sector best business practices
6. Knowledge of general office procedures such as form preparation and filing, office machines
7. Ability to take initiative, give attention to detail and to work independently as well as part of a team
8. Ability to speak, read and write in English.
9. Must have strong analytical, decision-making, problem solving, communication, organizational, and planning skills
10. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain rapport with staff and vendors
11. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy or reliable transportation for travel.
Lighthouse for the blind is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status.
Competitive Salary and benefits include:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Qualified candidates please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 20, 2020.